Cookies are files sent by web servers to web browsers, and stored by the web browsers.
A cookie is a small text file that a website saves onyour computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preferences) over a period of time, so you don't have to keep re-entering them whenever you come back to the site or browse from one page to another.
Cookies on our website
This website uses the following cookies on this website, for the following purposes:
- to remember your display preferences, such as font size or color
- by any login process to remember your current session
This website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site. This analytical tool uses 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for this website.
Disabling and enabling cookies
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings on your browser. The IAB site tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. This advice currently comprises the following steps (however please check the IAB site for the latest guidance).
If you are using Microsoft Windows Explorer:
- open ‘Windows Explorer’
- click on the ‘Search’ button on the tool bar
- type ‘cookie’ into the search box for ‘Folders and files’
- select ‘My computer’ in the ’Look in’ box
- click ‘Search now’
- double click on the folders that are found
- select any cookie file; and then
- use the ‘Delete’ button on your keyboard
If you are using Google Chrome:
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- In the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the "Cookies" section, you can change to your preferred setting.
If you are using another browser, then you should search for ‘cookies’ in the ‘Help’ function for information on how to disable your cookies.
Blocking cookies can have a negative impact upon the usability of some websites.